Embellished tanks

A while back Old Navy was having a 50% off sale on all of their clearance items.  I grabbed a few tanks that ended up being only $1 each so I could embellish them myself.  Now I wish I would've just grabbed the whole stack.

If you don't know how to sew, or know the basics but are interested in learning more, Merrick and I have created The Modern Girl's Guide to Sewing, online sewing courses that teach you everything you need to know about clothing construction. You can take our Beginner Course or our Intermediate Course, and learn how to follow tutorials like this one! Make sure to check out moderngirlsewing.com!

I patterned this one after a J.Crew top I already had:



With a little investigating, it was easy to tell just how to recreate it



I bought 2 tops of the same color, so I cute up one of them for the flowers



I just cut a bunch of 2 1/2" squares,



folded each one in half twice, and cut out a petal, keeping the middle section in tact.



Then I did that over and over, pinned them where I wanted them (with the petal pointing downwards), and hand sewed the top point of the petal to the shirt.


Voila!

Here is another one I did:



Eat your heart out J.Crew. 

Labels: ,