going green


 I have been on the green smoothie band wagon for about 2 months now.  If you haven't tried one, you need to.  I have one every morning, and I feel like I can eat all the junk I want just because I had such a healthy breakfast.  Probably not the best approach, but whatever.

 

In my blender I mix:

1 banana
1 apple (peeled and cored)
1/2 C frozen peaches
1 C fresh spinach
1 C kale
1/2 C yogurt
a spoonful of OJ concentrait
 1 C cranberry juice, or water 

Mix it up real good, then add about 5 ice cubes and mix again.


Once you get over the fact that you are drinking something green, they are pretty addicting.  I don't even notice the taste of the greens.

I tried a sample in Costco where they had added in 1/2 a lime (peeled).  It was amazing.  I tried it at home, and the lime core didn't blend enough, so it was a little too chunky for me.

The best part is that Bradley loves them too!

 I feel like I'm cheating or something.  I can't believe I can drink something so good and get so many veggies in my system.

Labels: