custom order

Well, we survived a 5 hour plane ride with a toddler on our laps, and an 11 hour car ride and are getting settled into life in California for the next few months.  Sorry about the lack of posts this week. It's been pretty crazy around here.  And for all of those who have sent me emails in the last week or so, I should get back to you shortly!  Man....moving sure takes it out of you!

Before heading back east for my husband's externship, I did a big custom order for a client.  It was so much fun brainstorming ideas and fabrics with her and she was such a dream to work with.  I sewed up a storm the 2 weeks before we left, but I got them completed!  She has fantastic taste and it was really fun to see my work on someone else :)

This has taken much longer than I thought, but here are most of the pieces that I created for her:

I couldn't wait to show my client this skirt!  She wanted a Pinwheel Skirt in a navy linen, and I can't get over how great it turned out.  Luckily I could tell that it was going to be darling, and I ordered the same fabric and made the same skirt for me.  Honestly, you can't go wrong with a classic navy.

Kelley Green linen full skirt.  I did lot of wide box pleats to give it a nice fullness at the bottom.

This is a white linen version of the Pinwheel skirt I made for Sew News.  I like that it is just simple with no trim, but the details of the skirt don't get lost.  

This shirt-dress is made from a simple Gap body top and a super soft light blue knit.  She wanted a slightly lower waistband than an empire waist, with pockets.  It also hit a little below the knee and looked amazing on her.  It is super easy and casual, but could be dressed up with some heals and a statement necklace no problem.

I made this shirt-dress out of a white top with ruched sleeves and a charcoal linen.  I added ties to the pack and pockets.  This is a little more formal than the previous shirt-dress and perfect for church.  It looks even better on!

I also created this maxi skirt in a heather gray, with only the ruffles at the bottom.  It was probably one of my favorite pieces.  I finished it first and couldn't wait to get it to her, so I totally forgot about photographing it.  I am working on one for myself, so I'll post some pictures once I get mine completed.

Labels: ,