P90X meals

So my husband had this great idea to start P90X together.  Really realistic for a 5 month prego, I know.  I think I made it through about 1.5 days of Tony driving me insane, then gave up and went back to bed.  But one thing that I have gotten into is cooking using the P90X cookbook.  I've always tried to be conscious about what I eat, but the first trimester was just a blur of Titos Tacos and Taco Bell 5 layer burritos.  I knew once I was out of the crazy 1st trimester lack-of-self-control-phase I needed to eat a whole lot better.  Mostly because I don't want to give birth to a 12 pound burrito.  

So for the past few weeks I have followed the P90X meal guidelines as best as I could, and we have had some mighty delicious meals that would make good old Tony proud.

For breakfast we really love egg white omlets with mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, and mozzarella

For lunch I usually do a whole wheat tortilla wrap with motzzerella, turkey, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, lettuce, and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette

I've also loved pita bread with shredded chicken, dill, tomatoes, and cucumbers

Dinners have been a little more labor intensive, but have been reeeeally good and full of flavor.

turkey (cut fresh from the deli) with gravy from scratch, green beans, strawberry salad, and peaches

wild rice, green beans, salad, sauteed mushroom, apples, and butternut squash soup

salmon with fresh dill sauce, wild rice, and strawberry salad

beef and broccoli stir fry, quinoa, strawberries, pumpernickel bread, and miso soup

Don't get me wrong, there have been some frozen pizzas sprinkled here and there, but for the most part we have done pretty well!  It's a good thing I got this post in here before Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  Because I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune then... 



Labels: , , , ,