the boy cave


The storyboard:


The room:













The boys room really turned out exactly as I had pictured it in my head.  Bradley's nursery was very light and calming.  But now that I have two boys, I wanted to make the room a lot more masculine.  I fell in LOVE with the Ikat print, green geo print, and of course navy and white stripes, and had to incorporate them all.  The bunting and the quilt really pull all the fabrics together since they combine them all.  I wanted to keep the aqua wall since I am still in love with the color.  I got the navy minky for the back side of the quilt from the fabric district in LA, and used the tiny piece that was left over from it to create the cover for the changing pad. 

It's a perfect room for these two little loves...




Sources:


Fabric
All of the bedding, pillows, and curtains were sewn by me.
front bumper: Navy Diamond Ikat (by Dear Stella)
back bumper: Forever Stripe in navy (currently out of stock)
crib skirt: Robert Kauffman Metro Living Circles
green pillows: Free Spirit Honey Child (green)
ikat pillow: Amy Butler Lark Midnight Blue
duvet + sham: Premier Prints Vertical Stripe (navy)
navy pillow and curtains inspired by: Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Paint color: Sherwin Williams Waterfall rug: vintage from Garrett's Grandma, crib: Sorelle (via Babinski's), rocking chair: flea market, changing table: Target, knobs: Hobby Lobby,  frames/fish: Home Goods, wall map: made by me (tutorial coming!), bunting: made by me (tutorial coming!), lamp: Wal-mart (I added the navy ribbon border), stuffed animals: blabla 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------

I have updated my pricing/info on my sponsor page and am currently accepting sponsors for the month of MAY.  Please email me for details.
(contactelleapparel at gmail dot com)

Labels: , , , ,