hide this one from the kids...

 This is my favorite salsa.  hands down.  I made if for a Relief Society meeting, and had to keep myself from eating the entire bowl myself.  It has the perfect combination of sweet, with a little kick.  Plus it calls for cilantro and avocado.  Can't go wrong there.  

I split the leftovers I had with my friend Ashley.  We both sat in our houses that night with firm grips on our tupperware bowls devouring that salsa like ravaging beasts, while we texted each other about how full we were but just couldn't. stop. eating.

Serve it with some hint of lime chips and it's pure heaven. 






I doubled the recipe

Avocado Black Bean Salsa

Combine the folllowing ingredients in order:
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can white shoepeg corn, drained (green giant brand)
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1 bunch fresh cilantro finely chopped
Juice from 2-3 limes
4-5 ripe avocados diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing made according to the package directions
1/2 cup sugar
Serves 8-10
Serve with Lime or Jalepeno flavor tortilla chips

Labels: