The Maxi tutorial revisted


 Some of you might have noticed that I removed the tutorial for The Maxi skirt from my blog.  After receiving many requests for the option to purchase the skirt from readers who don't sew, I decided to move forward with manufacturing this skirt and have it be the first piece in my clothing line.  I have been so thrilled with the response and excitement over the launch of this skirt.

After having the tutorial for this skirt up for almost two years, I wasn't quite sure what to do about it now.  I thought long and hard about whether or not to remove the tutorial.  However, I recently came across this exact skirt for sale in a different shop (complete with my own personal photos), and felt pretty violated.  I want more than anything to help women make their own clothes, but I also want my clothes to be available for women who don't sew.  But what I don't want is to be taken advantage of.  For this reason, I decided to remove the free version of the The Maxi tutorial from my site.

But I still want you sewers to be able to create this skirt!  So I polished and perfected my tutorial (a LOT), and have listed a very detailed, pictured filled tutorial for The Maxi available in my Etsy shop.  I feel like this way both the sewers and the non-sewers can have access to this skirt, and I don't run the risk of being taken advantage of.  I really hope you can understand where I am coming from.  I know I can't please everyone, but that doesn't stop me from trying!


...................................................................................


and on a lighter note, I managed to wait till the last minute for Halloween costumes I again.  But a few late nights in a row and the costumes are all complete!  Stay tuned next week to see them!  
(or just follow me on instagram and see them now: @leannebarlow )

If you don't know how to sew, or know the basics but are interested in learning more, Merrick and I have created The Modern Girl's Guide to Sewing, online sewing courses that teach you everything you need to know about clothing construction. You can take our Beginner Course or our Intermediate Course, and learn how to follow tutorials like this one! Make sure to check out moderngirlsewing.com!

Labels: , , ,