Tutorial:: Oversized Tribal Cardigan

I am thrilled to be a part of the Stretch Yourself Series hosted by Miriam of Mad Mim and Miranda of One Little Minute.  They have dedicated two full weeks to sharing all about sewing with knits.  Every one of their posts so far in this series have been beyond pin-worthy, so go check them out if you haven't already!



Today Kristin and I are sharing tutorials on our favorite loungewear piece.  To me, nothing screams "loungewear" like a great pair of leggings and an oversized cardigan. 

I got this knit from the Fashion District in LA (shocker).  They barely had a yard left of it and I used up every last ounce making this baby. 

Click through below for the tutorial...






You will need:

 
 

I left the front open sections of the cardigan unfinished since the edges curl a bit, but I liked the look of it.  The front is open, with lots of fabric fold together at the neckline which gives it a perfectly imperfect look.

The days that I wear this cardigan are the days that not a whole lot on my "to do" list gets done.  I get the same effect when I wear my robe around the house.  For some reason being draped in a lot of cozy fabric makes hot chocolate, a floor scattered with toys, and a big pile of library books instantly appealing.

cardigan: me, top: Forever 21, leggings: Ann Taylor Loft, boots: Sperry Top Sider, jewelry: vintage

Labels: , , ,