Golden Spiked Shoulder: Tutorial

Dress: me (similar / similar), Shoes: Target, Jewelry: Jewelmint c/o

 I had this amazingly soft black knit and knew that I wanted to make a simple black dress with it.  I just used a pattern I had created from an existing dress (I also used that same pattern to make this dress).  Once it was completed, I knew it was lacking something.  So I hit up my local Jo-anns for trim inspiration and found the most amazing gold spike trim.  Spikes have a tendency to to be pretty loud, so adding it just to the shoulders gave it a little extra oomph without going too far.  Just a little pop of color on the shoe and that's pretty much all that was needed!

Click through below for the tutorial...


This trim is great because you can cut it to be as long as you need!  It is 2" wide, and each of my shoulder pieces were 3" long.  I attached the studs by sewing in-between the 1st and 2nd row of studs all around the rectangle.

*I'll also note that I washed the dress and the studs stayed gold.  I was a little worried the color wouldn't stay on after getting them wet, but I didn't have a problem. 

And that's it!  Quick and simple!

Labels: , ,