KIMONO COOL {TUTORIAL}



Kimono: me (tutorial below) you can find similar styles herehere, here and here, Top: Nordstrom, Pants: Dittos c/o (out of stock, but similar here and here), Shoes: No longer available, but similar here (loving these for the fall), Necklace: similar, Cuff: vintage (similar here, and here)


I have been majorly crushing on kimonos for a while.  I picked up this amazing silk fabric from Mood during Fabric Weekend, fully intending on making it into a dress.  But the more I thought about how delicate the silk was, and how I don't want to have to dry clean it too often, I had a light bulb moment and decided it was time to make a kimono.

I figured I would just let this gorgeous fabric do the talking and paired it with all white.  Today might be Labor Day, but I'm not breaking up with white.  White pants will still be great for fall and I'll continue rotating them into my wardrobe.

*Also, don't forget that today is the last day of the Labor Day sale over at leannebarlow.com!  All of my maxis are 20% off till midnight PST tonight!

Shop my look below




I'm also loving these gorgeous kimonos...


Click below for the tutorial





Materials:
*tip: The trickiest part about this piece was simply getting the silk to cooperate.  It doesn't stay still very well to cut, so if you are working with a slippery light-weight fabric, I would suggest creating a pattern first from patternpaper, and use this as your guide when cutting the fabric.  I found this allowed me to get a nice clean straight cut.
 


    Labels: , ,