3 STEPS TO PERFECTING THE 'MOMIFORM'

LOOK 1: GINGHAM TOP  |  WHITE PANTS  |  NAVY KEDS SNEAKERS via ZAPPOS  |  CHAMBRAY TOP  |  DIAPER BAG | STROLLER & CARSEAT

LOOK 2: BLACK TOP (I like to wear a size large)  |  BASEBALL HAT  |  DISTRESSED JEANS  |  GOLD KEDS SNEAKERS via ZAPPOS  | STROLLER & CARSEAT

ELI: JUNE & JANUARY ROMPER


I'm going to credit instagram for coining the term 'momiform'. It's a word that perfectly describes a large majority of my everyday outfits. A momiform is basically an outfit that is easy to move around in (pick up kids, bend down to wipe spills, walk around at the park). But it's an outfit that is still on trend and looks put together. If you check out my #leanneslookbook on instagram you can see I have quite a few momiforms that never made it to the blog (usually just a quick shot with my phone of what I was wearing that day). But today I teamed up with my friends at Zappos and decided to break down what goes into the perfect 'momiform'.

1 FITTED + 1 OVERSIZED: You don't want to be wearing something tight and uncomfortable on the go all day, so a top slightly oversized provides a more comfortable alternative. The trick is it's important to balance that oversized piece with pants that are fitted. This will keep you from looking a little...too comfy. That oversized top and oversized sweatpants combo are perfect for good Netflix marathon though. ;)

MOM SHOES: Comfy shoes, comfy shoes, comfy shoes. I can't stress this enough. And this is coming from someone who will wear uncomfortable heels to date night just because the shoes are cute. But mom life changes things a bit. I love my Keds because they are simple and basic. This makes them versatile with all momiforms (skirts and dresses included!). My washed navy Keds have the best "lived in" look (size 1/2 size down with these ones!), and my gold Keds come out to play when I want to add a little girly flair. (I would call these more of a matte gold. Still gold, but not shiny or obnoxious)

THE THIRD PIECE: So you have a top, a bottom, and comfy shoes. But no momiform is complete without the essential "third piece". Add one more item to your look to pull everything together. If you are wearing a patterned top, tie a solid chambray top around your waist. My favorite third piece is a baseball hat. (see proof here, here, here, and here ) It keeps the look cute and casual, and you don't have to have clean hair. (but really....do I ever?)


In collaboration with Zappos 

Labels: , , , , , , ,