Purple Shirt dress

A few of you asked about the purple shirt dress that I made when creating the winter shirt dress tutorial.  Well I finally got around to photographing it.  Here it is:





I got the knit at the fabric district and I love the tiny light purple stripes.  I thought about embellishing the top a little more, but I think the ruched sleeves are enough.  I like the simplicity of it.  You can find the full tutorial for making this dress here.

If you don't know how to sew, or know the basics but are interested in learning more, Merrick and I have created The Modern Girl's Guide to Sewing, online sewing courses that teach you everything you need to know about clothing construction. You can take our Beginner Course or our Intermediate Course, and learn how to follow tutorials like this one! Make sure to check out moderngirlsewing.com!

Labels: ,